Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summertime and the livin's easy...


My kids had their last day of school yesterday and we are officially ready to kick back and relax. The best way to start a restful day, in my opinion, is with crepes. They are sweet and (sort of) healthy and they remind me of wandering the streets in Paris and Italy. So, after dropping one of the foster dogs off at the vet to be spayed, I ran right home and made some. I use the following recipe:

2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp melted butter
A dash of salt

Whisk eggs and flour together, make a ball of dough
Slowly add milk and water, stir until it's not lumpy
Stir in butter and salt

I use about 1/3 cup of batter per crepe, spread on an electric skillet as thin as possible, when edges begin to curl flip it. I also keep a little ramekin of nutella on the skillet so that it's melty and easy to spread on the crepe. If you are not a fan off the berries, slap some peanut butter, Nutella and banana on there. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment